Role: Senior Front-End Developer
Summary of Role:
We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to work on our web application and drive future initiatives to implement the next generation of our web product. You’ll play a key role in the development of our industry-leading product Alertive and work closely with talented designers, developers, and test engineers.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
● Play a key role in the design and development of the front end of the Alertive Web and Alertive Admin products
● Design, develop, document and test fast, efficient, secure, reliable features using a variety of tools and techniques
● Participate in the application design process and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Collaborate well with other team members and stakeholders
● Be creative and tenacious when implementing new features which may be unique and therefore do not have existing solutions
● Keep up to date with emerging software development methods
● Develop an understanding of Alertive's users requirements, needs and processes
● Develop a broad understanding of the Alertive product set
● Be respectful of the company values of communication, humility, diversity, resilience, and innovation
● A deep understanding of browser fundamentals such as the DOM, CSSOM and the render lifecycle.
● Excellent ability to translate designs into code
● Specific experience of Alpine.js and or Vue.js
● Knowledge of TailwindCSS
● Understanding of functional programming - specifically Elixir/Erlang
● Experience of Phoenix Liveview
Key Skills and Proficiencies:
● Experience writing and maintaining large and complex code bases
● Experience and deep understanding of version control with Git
● Experience using issue management tools such as JIRA
● Ability to accurately estimate development tasks
● Self-motivated and self-directed
● Good eye for design
The minimum holiday requirement is just a start point. We know time off is important, so we have 25 days, plus bank holidays and one extra for your birthday!
We also have a range of benefits internally including health, wellbeing, and spending!
Salary: A competitive base and benefits package to include working set up from home.
Alertive is headquartered in Derby and we operate as a remote team enabling talent from all over the UK to join our mission.
Occasional travel to Derby would be expected to join in and be part of the team culture.
Check out life at Alertive and our up-to-date news on our page. LinkedIn.
We believe diverse perspectives, backgrounds and skills make a better company.
We’re keen to recruit people from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.
Alertive collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.